Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Turning of a Year...



Well, happy new year to you all.......hope you were all a bit cooler than me and spent your new years eve partying it up and drinking lots of champagne and lighting lots of sparklers and finding lots of strangers to shout the countdown with. I myself happened to fall asleep approximately five minutes after twelve......I think my body thinks it's going to turn into a pumpkin if I don't get at least 10 hours sleep. Well I'm glad this new year has come because things have gotten pretty hard to deal with over the past week. Lots is changing, but I'm trying to force myself to see the light at the end of the tunnel and move forward, to grow....to change for the better. I've always been one to make the penultimate "resolutions" (usually numbered from one to twenty in order of urgency) and then end up failing dismally at almost all of them......so this year i'm just going to let it be. I'll try and stick at it the exact way I cellabrated the big countdown....by doing exactly what I want to do, and not doing anything I don't feel like doing just 'cause I feel like I should.

Well, that's enough rambling for now. I've done some new work, but will have to post that separately another time 'cause I'm lazy and haven't scanned it all in yet. Adios, I highly encourage writing a good list of resolutions for this new year (mainly so I can live vicariously through you).


xo.                             Illustration by Julia Rothman, here website can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment