Friday, January 14, 2011

Oriental Delights.




Asian textures, art, illustration and fashion have always interested me. The colour, the intricacy, the wonderful cultural references. The floral and fish designs particularly inspire me, and the use of golds and metallics. Also in love with origami work at the moment, there's some beautiful photography out there at the moment. Modern oriental art is proving to be very innovative and amazing, lots of beautiful line work and wonderful precision. The ancient oriental prints are lovely and the muted tones crossed with the dark pen work create amazing visuals. 









Featured Artist: Hina Aoyama 




A beautiful, intircate cut-out artistry....such detail and wonderful patterns! The works I’ve been marveling lately are by Japanese artist Hina Aoyama. Her designs truly amaze me; I’ve never seen such delicate and perfect paper cutting on the scale of Aoyama’s work, and I’m particularly impressed with the cursive text cuts shown below.

" They are super fine lacy-paper-cuttings done by a simple pair of scissors. My passion is to create a finest cutoff beyond the level of the very time-consuming needle lace making. I don't follow traditional but I am trying to create a mixture of the traditional and modern styles and to produce my own world through this super fine lacy-paper-cuttings technique. "






Here's a cool video of her at work.......so amazing!




Here's some of my work that has been inspired by some oriental artists......








 
xo.



No comments:

Post a Comment