Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Inspired by the Sea and the Forest.

So now I've been trying to break my habit of just drawing my ladies hair as big black cutouts on the page, I'm wanting more femininity and a little bit more diversity. The lines and forms you can achieve with hair are amazing, and there are some artists out there doing it fabulously.

Here's my latest attempt at breaking the Black Splodge phase:



"Lady Grey, Longing For A Stranger."
Ink, Watercolour and Pressed Flowers on Wallpaper.


I was really happy with this one, and I look forward to creating some more girls soon with lovely flowing hair. I found that the hair really helps to frame the body and adds a feminine and flowing quality to the work. Plus, it looks good.












Here are some inspirational images:








Especially Inspired by Elliot Lee Hazel
and his amazing photography









More work can be found at his website here, I highly recommend you check it out.









xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment