Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Once Upon A Time (Or Sometime In Between Then)

'May You Touch Dragonflies and Stars, Dance with Fairies and Sing to the Moon.' -Anon.


Fairy tales are great. I love them. I was obsessed when I was a young girl. I am still obsessed. Female heroines. Flowing hair. Fantastic dresses. Prince Charming(s).

These female antagonists and exciting adventures through forests and in castles are dreamlike and other-worldly. Having recently been to see the new Snow White and the Huntsman movie (twice, shh) my desire to ride of into the sunset and wrap my hair up in ribbons and pearls and put on my favourite ball gown (I don't own one sadly) was reinvigorated.

This Snow isn't your average chick. She kicks butt though. It seems like Chris Hemsworth's character of the burly Huntsman seems to be just following her around and serving no other purpose than some visual pleasure and the occasional 'helping hand' through bogs and mushroom-trip like forests. I'm a sucker for porcelain skin and red lips, and through her adventures she proved that innocence and care will get you far. And if you're beautiful that probably helps too.

I haven't done anything new in the past few weeks, having a slow lull. But have been working on my wooden piece, developing the hair (thanks, Snow) and exploring my love of roses (a.k.a working out how to paint them).















Introducing......Jen Mann

If you haven't already heard off her //gawked at her amazingness then click on this link NOW. It's imperative! She is simply wonderful. She works primarily with oils and is a portrait/figurative painter based in Toronto. Love. Have fallen in LOVE. She totally encapsulates the beauty of the colour white. Reinvented Snow White.







xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment