Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Monarchs And Painted Ladies.


I just love the vibrant colours and beautiful patterning of monarch butterflies. Have been creating lots of pieces recently featuring my fluttering friends, they have worked out quite nicely. Watercolour really captures the silky color, and they are so feminine, really adding to my drawings of effeminate girls.


A great artist you should all look up if you have a minute is a guy called Paul Villinski. He creates the most adorable little butterflies out of recycled materials, so intricate and innovative. I am particularly fond of the little critters made out of old records (sigh). You can check out more of his work at his website: here.







Here is a couple of images of the girls I created recently, spurred by my new Monarch Muse.





xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment