Monday, May 27, 2013

The Earth Laughs In Flowers.

This afternoon has been lovely....pottering down in my studio and experimenting with some new materials I have bought from the art shop. So exciting (I know, you can't contain it can you)....

I bought a glazing medium which was something I really have no idea about but let me tell you, I'M IN LOVE WITH THE STUFF. It basically acts as a thinner but adds a gloss and sheen to the paint and brings out all the colours and oh oh  OH. So good. I find it really lets the paint pigment come through, even when I was working on unprimed stretched linen. It means your paint goes further as well, and seeing as I'm poor that's always a good thing. I can't wait to keep experimenting....Today has been such a departure from last week when I was so frustrated with myself and painting! I have to just remember to keep playing and practicing and it will slowly unravel and I will gain confidence...I think.

I have a great book that was given to me called 'Chinese Painting' by Chow Chen-Ying and it has some great tutorials on how to loosly draw flowers and petals in a beautiful oriental style. I love it! It really helped me.

Out for now, bye!
xo. E




~ Seashell tea light YES. ~



~ Seashell charcoal smudger holder YES. ~


~ Page out of the amazing Chinese Painting book ~




~ Bought some beautiful Hyacinths to keep me company ~



~ Another new addition to my studio space ~


~ Amazing new giant glazing brush I can't WAIT to try out ~



~ My favourite Filbert ~





~ Finished product (pretty much) ~









~ I N S P I R A T I O N ~









xo. E

No comments:

Post a Comment